The EasyDOS Forum:
The EasyDOS Forum provides a way to post questions about MS-DOS or to respond to a question someone else has posted. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about the EasyDOS forum.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I post a question?
Answer: To post a question, click on the Post Message option to go to the bottom of the list (or just scroll down through the list of previous questions until you find the form at the bottom of the list). There you enter the following:
- Your name. Most people use their first name or a made-up name (a "handle") to identify themselves.
- Your email address. So people can contact you directly if they want more information.
- A subject. Enter a short subject title that will tell people the type of question you are asking. If the question is a short one, you can type the entire question as the subject.
- The message. In the message box, enter the text of your question. Try to be specific and succinct.
- Finally, click on the Post Message option at the bottom of the page.
2. How do I read a question someone has posted?
Answer: To read a previously posted question, just click on the subject title. The entire message will then be displayed.
3. How do I respond to a question someone has previously posted?
Answer: To reply to a question, click on the question subject title and then click on the Post Follow Up option. The original question will be placed in the message box. Type your reply into the box after the original question. Type your name (your "handle") into the Name box and enter your email address into the Email box. When you are finished, click on the Submit Follow Up option at the bottom of the page.
4. How do I send an email message to someone who posts a question?
Answer: To send an email message to the person who posted a message, click on the subject title and then click on the person's name. A Send Mail box, pre-addressed to the person, will be displayed.
5. Can I put html tags in my posts?
Answer: It is recommended that you use only plain text in your postings.
6. Why are there colons in the message when I try to post a followup?
Answer: The colons indicate that those lines are quoting the original message.
7. Why didn't my post or follow up appear when I went back to look at the list?
Answer: Your post most likely did not show up, because your browser did not reload the page, it simply pulled it out of cache (from your own hard disk). If you click on your browser program's Reload option, it should then appear.